When/where: 7 p.m. today, Capital One Arena
TV: Fox Sports Southeast
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Radio: 92.9 The Game
Injuries: Hawks—Mike Muscala (ankle), Ersan Ilyasova (knee), DeAndre’ Bembry (wrist) and Miles Plumlee (quad) are out; Malcolm Delaney (ankle), Dennis Schroder (ankle), and Marco Belinelli (Achilles) are available to play.
Wizards—Sheldon Mac (Achilles) is out.
What to watch for:
The Hawks (2-10) came back from a 19-point deficit to tie the Pistons last night before fading to a loss. Coach Mike Budenholzer said there was “not enough effort, not enough competitiveness” for his team in the first half.
The Wizards (6-5) won at home against the Lakers on Thursday and are looking for consecutive victories for the first time since starting 3-0. They rank sixth in offensive efficiency and eighth in pace but just 19th in defensive efficiency. The Wizards returned all five starters and two of the top bench players from the team that eliminated the Hawks in six games during the first round of last season’s playoffs.
Wizards star point guard John Wall missed shootaround today because of an illness but coach Scott Brooks said he’s available to play.
- WATCH: Hawks rookie John Collins on his latest learning experience
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Pistons
- Hawks: Mixed results for Bazemore with increased offensive role
- Hawks center Dewayne Dedmon taking, making outside shots
- NBA draft lottery watch: Victory at Cavs doesn’t cost Hawks in race for top pick
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Cavs
- As Hawks losses pile up, Budenholzer says ‘I don’t worry about it being accepted’
- WATCH: Kent Bazemore on James Harden: ‘I learned a lot playing against him’
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Rockets
- Hawks have many issues but 3-point defense near the top
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Sixers
- Is center really the best fit for Hawks rookie John Collins?
- Hawks opponents are off and running
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Bucks
- WATCH: Bazemore on Hawks: ‘We are fighting. We’ve got to learn how to win games.’
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Nuggets
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Bulls
- NBA draft lottery watch: Hawks move up (down) in projected standings
- WATCH: Hawks coach Budenholzer on rookie John Collins’ role
- New Hawks practice facility sparkles but will it really attract free agents?
- John Collins might be most productive rookie so far
- Hawks already facing ‘tough year’ of playing hard but losing
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Heat
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Nets
- WATCH: Hawks rookie John Collins on first game vs. Dwight Howard
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Hornets
- WATCH: Dwight Howard says ‘stupid’ to believe reports he was negative influence on Hawks
- Dennis Schroder puts on a good show for new-look Hawks
- Marco Belinelli ‘still not 100 percent’ but shows he can help Hawks
- WATCH: Hawks guard Josh Magette makes NBA debut at age 27
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Mavs
- Hawks begin longest-ever trip to start season but opponents not fearsome
- Bettors back Hawks to exceed expectations