When/where: 8 p.m. today, Smoothie King Center
TV: Fox Sports Southeast
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Radio: 92.9 The Game
Injuries: Hawks— Ersan Ilyasova (knee), DeAndre’ Bembry (wrist) and Miles Plumlee (quad) are out; Mike Muscala (ankle) is doubtful; Malcom Delaney (ankle) and Marco Belinelli (Achilles) are probable.
Pelicans—Tony Allen (knee), Alexis Ajinca (knee), Omer Asik (Illness), Solomon Hill (hamstring), Frank Jackson (foot) and Rajon Rondo (groin) are out.
What to watch for:
The Hawks will play their third road game in four nights after losing to the Pistons on Friday and the Wizards on Saturday. They rallied back from 19 points down to tie the Pistons before fading and succumbed to a fourth-quarter surge by the Wizards. The Hawks (2-11) stand last in the Eastern Conference and a half-game ahead of the Mavericks (2-12) in the NBA.
If Muscala is out again the Hawks will be short on defenders to deal with Pelicans big men Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins. Those two have combined to average 56 points and 25.9 rebounds per game while taking 43 percent of the team’s field-goal attempts. It figures to be another tough matchup for Hawks rookie center John Collins, who still is learning to defend against the league’s bigger and stronger players.
The Pelicans (7-6) have won four of their past five games after a 3-5 start.
- Schroder is best Hawks player, but is he getting better?
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Wizards
- WATCH: Hawks rookie John Collins on his latest learning experience
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Pistons
- Hawks: Mixed results for Bazemore with increased offensive role
- Hawks center Dewayne Dedmon taking, making outside shots
- NBA draft lottery watch: Victory at Cavs doesn’t cost Hawks in race for top pick
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Cavs
- As Hawks losses pile up, Budenholzer says ‘I don’t worry about it being accepted’
- WATCH: Kent Bazemore on James Harden: ‘I learned a lot playing against him’
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Rockets
- Hawks have many issues but 3-point defense near the top
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Sixers
- Is center really the best fit for Hawks rookie John Collins?
- Hawks opponents are off and running
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Bucks
- WATCH: Bazemore on Hawks: ‘We are fighting. We’ve got to learn how to win games.’
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Nuggets
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Bulls
- NBA draft lottery watch: Hawks move up (down) in projected standings
- WATCH: Hawks coach Budenholzer on rookie John Collins’ role
- New Hawks practice facility sparkles but will it really attract free agents?
- John Collins might be most productive rookie so far
- Hawks already facing ‘tough year’ of playing hard but losing
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Heat
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Nets
- WATCH: Hawks rookie John Collins on first game vs. Dwight Howard
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Hornets
- WATCH: Dwight Howard says ‘stupid’ to believe reports he was negative influence on Hawks
- Dennis Schroder puts on a good show for new-look Hawks
- Marco Belinelli ‘still not 100 percent’ but shows he can help Hawks
- WATCH: Hawks guard Josh Magette makes NBA debut at age 27
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Mavs