When/where: 8:30 p.m. today, AT&T Center
TV: Fox Sports Southeast
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Injuries: Hawks— Isaiah Taylor (eye) is out; Luke Babbitt (back), Mike Muscala (ankle), DeAndre’ Bembry (wrist) and Miles Plumlee (quad) are probable.
Spurs—Kawhi Leonard (quad), Tony Parker (quad) and Derrick White (wrist) are out.
What to watch for:
The Hawks (3-13) followed their historic win against the Kings with a 110-99 loss to the Celtics. With Bembry, Muscala, Plumlee and Ersan Ilyasova all available to play the Hawks are healthier than they’ve been all season.
Taylor had become part of the rotation and the Hawks were considering recalling two-way player Josh Magette from the G-League for depth. Instead, they brought back wings Nicolas Brussino and Tyler Dorsey. Plumlee is available to play for the first time this season but doesn’t figure to be part of the power rotation with Dewayne Dedmon, John Collins, Luke Babbitt and Tyler Cavanaugh manning those positions lately.
MVP candidate Leonard hasn’t played this season yet the Spurs (10-6) are just 2 ½ games behind West leaders Houston and Golden State. Forward LaMarcus Aldridge (24.4 points per 36 minutes, .572 true shooting percentage) is back to form offensively after a disappointing first season with the Spurs. Aldridge and coach Gregg Popovich said a heart-to-heart talk before the season helped player and coach be better.
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Celtics
- NBA rookie ratings: How does Hawks’ John Collins stack up?
- Ten observations from Hawks victory over Kings
- NBA draft lottery watch: Hawks still lead race for top odds
- As Ilyasova nears return, should he start for Hawks over Babbitt?
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Pelicans
- Schroder is best Hawks player, but is he getting better?
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Wizards
- WATCH: Hawks rookie John Collins on his latest learning experience
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Pistons
- Hawks: Mixed results for Bazemore with increased offensive role
- Hawks center Dewayne Dedmon taking, making outside shots
- NBA draft lottery watch: Victory at Cavs doesn’t cost Hawks in race for top pick
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Cavs
- As Hawks losses pile up, Budenholzer says ‘I don’t worry about it being accepted’
- WATCH: Kent Bazemore on James Harden: ‘I learned a lot playing against him’
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Rockets
- Hawks have many issues but 3-point defense near the top
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Sixers
- Is center really the best fit for Hawks rookie John Collins?
- Hawks opponents are off and running
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Bucks
- WATCH: Bazemore on Hawks: ‘We are fighting. We’ve got to learn how to win games.’
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Nuggets
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Bulls
- NBA draft lottery watch: Hawks move up (down) in projected standings
- WATCH: Hawks coach Budenholzer on rookie John Collins’ role
- New Hawks practice facility sparkles but will it really attract free agents?
- John Collins might be most productive rookie so far
- Hawks already facing ‘tough year’ of playing hard but losing
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Heat
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Nets
- WATCH: Hawks rookie John Collins on first game vs. Dwight Howard
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Hornets
- WATCH: Dwight Howard says ‘stupid’ to believe reports he was negative influence on Hawks
- Dennis Schroder puts on a good show for new-look Hawks
- Marco Belinelli ‘still not 100 percent’ but shows he can help Hawks
- WATCH: Hawks guard Josh Magette makes NBA debut at age 27
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Mavs