When/where: 7:30 p.m. today, Philips Arena
TV: Fox Sports Southeast
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Radio: 92.9 The Game
Injuries: Hawks—Dewayne Dedmon (leg) and Mike Muscala (ankle) are out; Luke Babbitt (back) and John Collins (shoulder) are probable.
Pistons—Jon Leur (ankle) is out; Anthony Tolliver (nasal fracture) is probable.
What to watch for: Rookie center John Collins is expected to return for the Hawks after missing the past six games because of injury. Collins practiced with Erie of the G-League on Tuesday in Cleveland. Collins indicated earlier in the week that the plan is for him initially to play limited minutes when he returns.
The Hawks can use Collins, their best offensive rebounder, against beefy Pistons center Andre Drummond. He collected 20 rebounds during Detriot’s 111-104 home victory over the Hawks on Nov. 10. Collins and starting center Dewayne Dedmon (now out injured) both got into foul trouble during that game while trying to handle Drummond.
Detroit’s victory over the Hawks was part of a five-game winning streak. The Pistons have lost 10 of 14 games since then, including their last seven, their longest losing streak since the 2014-15 season. The Pistons lost at home vs. the Nuggets last night and for the season are 3-2 on the second leg of back-to-back games.
- Hawks wing Prince on NBA Year 2: ‘I’ve got a long way to go’
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Cavs
- I don’t get why Hawks coach Budenholzer benched Schroder
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Knicks
- NBA draft lottery watch: Bulls gain separation from Hawks in race for ping-pong balls
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Magic
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Nets
- Forced to use small lineups, Hawks may find some advantages
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Nets
- What the John Collins injury means for the Hawks
- Hawks: Schroder, a defensive liability, says he wants to be better
- NBA draft lottery watch: Bulls still lead but Hawks gain ground
- Hawks: John Collins’ ‘efficiency, production among best ever for rookies
- As Hawks rebuild, Budenholzer shows he will rely on young players
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Spurs
- Hawks making threes, so why are they not better offensively?
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Celtics
- NBA rookie ratings: How does Hawks’ John Collins stack up?
- Ten observations from Hawks victory over Kings
- NBA draft lottery watch: Hawks still lead race for top odds
- As Ilyasova nears return, should he start for Hawks over Babbitt?
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Pelicans
- Schroder is best Hawks player, but is he getting better?
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Wizards
- WATCH: Hawks rookie John Collins on his latest learning experience
- Ten observations from Hawks loss at Pistons
- Hawks: Mixed results for Bazemore with increased offensive role
- Hawks center Dewayne Dedmon taking, making outside shots
- NBA draft lottery watch: Victory at Cavs doesn’t cost Hawks in race for top pick
- Ten observations from Hawks victory at Cavs
- As Hawks losses pile up, Budenholzer says ‘I don’t worry about it being accepted’